Bar Supervisor | Full Time
We have rewritten what a Club is all about and have created spaces that are vibrant, contemporary and inviting. With great food in the NORTHS Pantry, sophisticated friendly bar areas, modernized auditorium and function spaces and a gaming floor frequented by everyone in the know, this is definitely the place to be.
What differentiates us from your typical F&B venue is that we are a not for profit Club with the specific purpose of Enriching our Communities. As a values driven business we are keen for the successful person to share our values around Honesty, Excellence, Respect, Openness, Integrity and Courage. When you know you are working to enrich the lives of many, it makes the hard work worthwhile.
Joining NORTHS means, you are part of the Norths Group which includes The Greens North Sydney, The Alcott Lane Cove, Seagulls at Tweed Heads, Norths Fitness and Revolution Fitness.
NORTHS are seeking a passionate Bar Supervisor on a full time basis to lead a great team of people in delivering beverage service here at NORTHS. This newly created role will be hands-on and that requires a dedicated superstar in beverage service including cocktails to energise our beverage spaces and really make them come to life. This position will have a strong emphasis on training and development, attention to detail, and strong teamwork.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implement, develop and maintain an on trend cocktail menu and product mix to drive consistent service across this outlet
- Training and development of the Bar team
- Providing exceptional bar & cocktail service in a fast paced environment
- Ensuring the beverage operation and service standards are maintained or exceeded
- Ensuring all employees are orientated and trained in accordance with processes and standards
- Communicating effectively to ensure everyone is on the same page regarding specials, up selling targets for the day, out of stock items, promotions and more
- Monitor and control beverage stock levels
- Leading by example to motivate and inspire the team to exceed guest expectations. In exceeding guest expectations, this will also involve complaint management and any follow up
- Ensuring surrounding spaces are clean and inviting and that high levels of presentation are maintained
- End of shift duties
- Up selling and cross selling the businesses products or services wherever appropriate
- Ensuring that the teams grooming standards are followed at all times and that all WH&S policies and procedures are adhered to
To be successful you must have:
- A passion for people and providing memorable guest experiences
- Strong beverage experience with proven attention to detail
- A Diploma or higher in Hospitality Management or other related qualifications is desirable
- A current valid RSA & RCG
- Comprehensive hospitality operations knowledge
- Full availability over a seven day roster
- A commitment to delivering service excellence
- Proven experience in people leadership and supervision
- Outstanding verbal and non-verbal communication
- Sound planning and organising skills
- Experience in working under pressure in a fast paced environment
In return we offer:
- Enjoy working with an awesome team
- A competitive salary based on our Enterprise Agreement which offers above Award rates of pay
- Work for a Club that continues to reinvent its relevancy to its local community
- Access to Norths Group Academy and develop ‘you’ in a meaningful way
- Free and convenient undercover onsite parking
- Discounted food and gym membership
Strong availability over a seven day week is a must. If you have the enthusiasm, drive and energy to create the wow factor that surpasses our guests’ expectations and has them returning to their Club again and again, we would love to speak with you.
If you are ready to join us please click apply.
For further information please contact Tarryn Sheehy, People & Culture Advisor, on Tel. 9245 3000.