Operations Manager | Contemporary Entertainment Destination
We have rewritten what a Club is all about and have created spaces that are vibrant, contemporary and inviting. With great food in the NORTHS Pantry, sophisticated friendly bar areas, modernized auditorium and function spaces and a gaming floor frequented by everyone in the know, this is definitely the place to be.
What differentiates us from your typical F&B venue is that we are a not for profit Club with the specific purpose of Enriching our Communities. As a values driven business we are keen for the successful person to share our values around Honesty, Excellence, Respect, Openness, Integrity and Courage. When you know you are working to enrich the lives of many, it makes the hard work worthwhile.
Joining NORTHS means you are part of the NORTHS Group which includes The Greens North Sydney, The Alcott, Seagulls at Tweed Heads, Norths Fitness and Revolution Fitness.
The scope of the role/ club is that currently the Operations Manager reports to the General Manager; has 9 direct reports; approximately 130 team members; 22,000 members (approximately 60,000 within the Group); 253 gaming machines and is the flagship site in the NORTHS Group.
- A leadership role that is all about motivating, coaching and developing a strong and dynamic management team with a clear focus on the customer experience.
- Responsible in setting the benchmark for service across the venue including F&B; Gaming; Cellar; Functions and more.
- Meeting revenue targets whilst controlling costs is an important aspect
- Workforce planning including scheduling, job design, recruitment and more in collaboration with People and Culture
- Compliance is a critical aspect of the role with a need to stay abreast of current legislation including OLGR; Registered Clubs Act, Gaming Machines Act.
- Safety is a serious matter at NORTHS and you will be representing management on the Work Health & Safety Committee and ensure all action items are delivered.
- This is all about investing your knowledge and passion into the teams to ensure they succeed
- The position allows the freedom for creative input whilst implementing systems and empowering the teams.
- Self driven leader with loads of experience in hospitality including gaming
- Ability to lead and work cohesively across multiple teams
- Develop, lead and manage high performing teams
- Experience in setting and maintaining benchmarks and achieving agreed KPIs
- A positive attitude with the confidence and ability to lead in a dynamic environment
- Strong financial understanding of budgets, costs, and reporting
- Driving a service culture takes persistence combined with fantastic communication skills
- Motivated, passionate and driven for great results
- Willing to put in the effort to create an amazing customer experience
- Relevant Diploma / Degree qualification is desirable
- Ability to work when the venue is busy including weekends and nights
Benefits and Culture
- Have the satisfaction of developing teams that can deliver an entertainment experience that exceeds our customers’ expectations every time.
- Work for a Club that continues to reinvent its relevancy to its local community
- Access to Norths Group Academy and develop ‘you’ in a meaningful way
- Five weeks annual leave
- Dynamic, energised, management team that embraces change and is focused on success
- Located just minutes from the North Sydney CBD we are conveniently located with free onsite parking.
- Free meals
- Discounted gym membership
- Great remuneration package.
Our mission is to enrich our communities and this starts with our people. In the first instance please email email@example.com or contact Sarah on Tel +61 2 9245 3019 if you would like to discuss this opportunity.
All applications / enquiries will be treated with strictest confidence.
Closing Date: 17 March 2019